Tuesday 8 March 2011

Drug Money - 08/03/2011

The set list for Friday evening has been agreed. Five songs off 'The First Two Years' and four new ones, two of which are brand new. The newest of the bunch is called Drug Money. I wanted to call it Sleeping Martyrs on the basis that it fits with the lyrical content, but for some reason the term 'drug money' had been bouncing around my head all morning, so i suggested it as an alternative title to the boys and they loved it plenty more than the original title. I'm not one for discussing the lyrical content of a song, but i will say that music came about during a two or three week period of me listening to nothing but 'Journal For Plague Lovers' by the Manics. The verse riff is painfully simple, but one of my very favourite little licks i've written. Robin thinks the song sounds like Future Of The Left, but i can't say i agree entirely. The verses remind me of the Manics, yet the pre-chorus and chorus just sound like us to my ears. I really like it. I mentioned before that the show is getting recorded for a forthcoming release, of all the songs we'll be playing on Friday night, i think Drug Money is the one i'm most looking forward to hearing back. That is, of course, on the basis that we don't completely fuck it up! Here's to hoping we don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment